Banana Fudge Loaf
Worth letting your bananas go over-ripe for!
7oz Plain flour
2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Bicarb of soda
1/2 tsp Salt
4 Ripe Bananas
3oz Vanilla fudge
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1. Put the sultanas and rum in a pan, bring to boil and then leave to soak for at least 10 minutes (overnight if you are organised!)
2. Preheat oven to 170C. Butter and line a loaf tin.
3. Put flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt in a mixing bowl and combine well.
4. Tip your rum-sultanas out of the pan into a small bowl or mug. Melt the butter in the same pan, remove from heat and then beat in the sugar, followed by the eggs, followed by the mashed bananas. The stir in the sultanas (drained), fudge and vanilla extract. Finally stir in the flour a little at a time.
5. Scrape into the loaf tin and bake for just over an hour - until a skewer come out clean (forgiving the odd bit of fudgy-goo!)
6. Delicious warm with custard or sliced cold with butter.