What to do
There are many websites devoted to helping you make the most of your visit to the Lake District. We've listed some at the bottom of this page.
The Great Outdoors
- Lake District National Park - we're situated in the National Park and are just 15 minutes' drive away from the Central Lakes: Bowness, Windermere and then along to Ambleside and Langdale. We can advise you on walks and routes for all levels. Information on local routes can be found in the apartment.
- Grizedale Forest - world-class mountain biking, woodland walks, a fantastic playground and cafe, Go Ape and an arts centre - what more could you need! (40 minutes' drive)
- Kirkstone Pass - featuring one of the highest pubs in England, this stunning road will take you on a great day out over to Ullswater, with its pretty villages, boat hire and numerous walks for all levels. (20 minutes' drive to base of the pass, Ullswater 40 minutes' drive)
- Sizergh Castle - beautiful stately home with stunning gardens, excellent cafe, shop and plenty for the kids to do (10 minutes' drive)
- Low Sizergh Barn - Award-winning foodie farm shop, tea room, walking trail and working farm (10 minutes' drive)
- Greenlands Park Farm - A working farm visitor centre, with tasteful shops, a good tearooms and a huge soft play area on site. Guaranteed fun! (25 minutes' drive)
- Fell Foot Park - Victorian country park beside Lake Windermere - ideal for picnics, paddling and stunning views. (15 minutes drive)
- The Brewery Arts Centre - Lively arts hub with cinemas, theatre, exhibitions, live music and comedy. Well worth a visit. (15 minutes' drive)
- Abbot Hall - One of Britain's finest small art galleries (15 minutes' drive)
- The Quaker Tapestry - a visual chronicle of Quaker life through the centuries and a great family day out in central Kendal (15 minutes' drive)
Other websites you may find useful: